Pages

Monday 22 December 2014

CHRISTMAS CARDS 3

 

 
For this post I'm bringing together all the images I drew for last year's cards.
 
 
 
I bought a lovely book of Scandinavian costumes when we were in Sweden in 2012.
 

 
I had a great time going through it looking for suitable images and copied them into my big sketchbook before choosing the ones I liked best for my cards.
 

 
With about 40 cards to produce I had to find a way to simplify the process so I made tracings, printed the outlines, coloured in the complicated bits and rescanned them ready to be printed on cartridge paper.
 

 
Then it was just a case of sitting down with my pens and markers and filling in the larger spaces before sticking them onto coloured cards.I really enjoyed doing these as they remind me of the national costume dolls I had as a child in Sweden.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing the rest of the collection too!

No comments:

Post a Comment