Pages

Saturday 9 May 2015

SPRING TRIP 2015 THE GARDEN PARTY

 
We had a lovely week at Tilford with Mum and here is one of the trees I could see from our veranda.  I've drawn it in the new Derwent line painters in a pointillist style.  It took ages but was great fun to do, especially as I've had a lot of trouble with the pens blobbing before, but this time they behaved perfectly.

 
On Saturday morning we set off to Justine's house near Guildford for her annual garden party in aid of the Woking Hospice.
Here is my table laid out ready with all the books and cards I had made over the last few months.

 
Here I am a couple of hours later counting the money and with very little left to sell on the table.
I donated £70 of my takings to the final total of £400 that was taken during the afternoon.

 
My brother Chris and sister Juliet came to the party as well as lots of other extended family members and friends of Justine and her daughters.

 
Here is Kirsty, my eldest granddaughter, setting out the delicious cakes she and her sisters had been busy baking in the previous couple of days.  Stephanie, the middle granddaughter, took lots more photos but as she's very pre-occupied with her A levels at the moment she hasn't had time yet to download them.

 
I'll finish with another little sketch from our stay at Tilford, a pretty wild flower I have always called 'milkmaid.'
Next stop on the journey, a visit to Joanna, my youngest daughter, at her new home in Whitstable which I'll post in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment