Pages

Sunday 6 September 2015

SKETCHBOOK 29 FINISHED

 
 
I've come to the end of sketchbook no 29 which has been in my bag since February.  It's travelled with me to Tenerife, to England and been handy for all those little impromptu sketches when I'm out and about at home.  These 2 scribbles were done at the 'Fete Maritime' at Ploumanach at the end of July using my multicoloured crayon.

 
A couple of days later I took my friend Luba and her granddaughters to see an art exhibition I had found at Ploumanach.  The girls brought the sketchbooks I had given them and when they got bored while Luba and I chatted to the artist they amused themselves in the gerden drawing the view.  This sketch is a bit of a demo for them trying to explain shadows and simplification.

 
The following week Jo and Jimmy came to stay and we had a lot of fun together, especially watching Bob and his grandson putting up the old tent in the garden.  Jo and and I eavesdropped on their conversation as you can see in this sketch!

 
On Sunday morning we went to the beach and had a lovely time in the warm sunshine, digging in the sand and then catching crabs and shrimps in the nets as the tide came in.

 
All too soon it was time for them to go home and I managed a quick scribble in the back of the car on the way to the airport.

 
The last sketch in the book is the drawing I made while we took our coffee in the garden of  'les Costans' a lovely hotel restaurant where we ate our anniversary lunch last Sunday to celebrate 43 years of marriage. 
 So now it's time to start another sketchbook and I've prepared a tiny moleskine with some pretty purple handmade paper stuck to the cover. I will be taking it with me when we leave on Thursday this week for a trip to England to see the family. Sketchbook no 30 isn't finished yet so I'm hoping to have time to do some drawing in that one too and I think there still a few pages to share from it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment