Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2015

AUTUMN 2015 UK TRIP PART 4

 
For the last blog in this travel series I'm concentrating on the pages in my lovely coloured paper sketchbook I've been working in since the beginning of the year.  I'm still using the Museum watersoluble pencils from Caran d'Ache as they really are the very best I've ever used.

 
While we were at Alderstead Heath we found a new walk across the downs to Coulsdon Common which took us through fields of maize, woods, past a lovely old church and ploughed fields full of these lumps of chalk and flint.  When I picked up this piece it fitted perfectly in my hand and as I walked I started to get a vision of a stone age person using it to scrape the skin off a rabbit before preparing it for a meal. I wonder.......

 
Our pitch at the campsite was next to a pretty green area with trees and plenty of mushrooms hiding in the grass and it was quite difficult to tell the difference with the fallen leaves when I sat in the sun to draw these from life.

 
I have drawn these trees before and I make no excuses for drawing them again, they are always in front of the camper window and look so different at various times of the year and day.

 
This clump is a bit further away across the grass and the setting sun was brilliant, sparkling through the branches and catching the top of the hedge.

 
The last sketch is a melange of mushrooms and the twigs of clary sage I picked at Ightham Mote when I visited with Janet.
I hope you've enjoyed our latest trip, the next one will probably be in the new year to Tenerife again.  I'm going to have to think of something different to draw there  as I've done all the gardens now!

No comments:

Post a Comment